Allow me to Introduce myself;
Hi guys! My name is Alyssa, and I'm a Midwest gal whose home currently resides in Kansas City. It can be a little tricky translating 28 years down on paper, (or in this case, an online bio), but I'll try and give you a few highlights!
I graduated college with a degree in Fashion: Textiles & Clothing in Business, and I was fortunate enough to attend two different Universities throughout my schooling. I lived in California for a little under a year attending the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising, and finished up in Warrensburg Missouri. In my last year at school, I lived in New York City interning for Allure Magazine.
Okay, now the good stuff;
- I love coffee; iced especially. It could be 20 degrees outside, and I'd still ask for an iced cold brew/americano. I'm also getting in to Matcha Lattes as of late; it's a slippery slope.
- I started an Instagram account called OneSmallAct to promote handing out or receiving small acts of kindness. Being kind is awesome, and I love getting to document it.
- I sing in my car like I have the pipes of Adele. My cracked windshield will tell you otherwise.
- I love shopping for antiques, especially down in the West Bottoms accompanied by my Momma. It's a tradition that I cherish.
- I own 4 Polaroid cameras, and my collection is ever expanding. I love having my memories on film.
- Flowers are an obsession, as well as the Farmer's Market where I go to buy flowers. It's a vicious circle I have yet to break.
- I love traveling and seeing new places; whether that be 15 minutes away, or a 12 hour flight.
- As exciting as I love to live, I'm not going to act like I don't lay around on Sunday afternoons and watch Netflix all day. Cause I do. And it's a necessity.
I started this blog to share with you the love I have for life's little fixations; and I'm so glad to have you along for the ride.